One of the latest in cosmetic dentistry options is the dental implant. A dental implant is a permanent way to replace a missing tooth cost of dental implant is vary from patient to patient There are many associated treatments necessary prior to or during the implant procedure, depending on the condition of a person’s mouth, gums, and bone. All this factors affect the cost of putting in dental implants,
Bring Back Confidance
Comfort, Convenience and more with dental implants
What is Dental Implant?
One of the latest in cosmetic dentistry options is the dental implant. A dental implant is a permanent way to replace a missing tooth with a dental implant. Implants can be used to replace single teeth or all your teeth. This is not a low-cost alternative, however, but it can provide enormous benefits to people who have lost teeth through accidents or disease. Many feel the value in terms of appearance; health and self-esteem are well worth the cost.
People who are have a good supportive bone structure and healthy gums and also important to be conscious about oral health and to take care of your teeth are good candidates for dental implants If you smoke heavily or have a illness, we will evaluate your situation to see if implants are fit for you.
cost of dental implant is vary from patient to patient There are many associated treatments necessary prior to or during the implant procedure, depending on the condition of a person’s mouth, gums, and bone. All this factors affect the cost of putting in dental implants, so the final cost depends upon each person’s particular situation. However, In Country like India Implants treatment is much cheaper compare to western countries
usually cost is only one factor people take into consideration when you choose dental implants. Implants look and feel just like a natural tooth, and because they are implanted into the jawbone,. They are much more durable than dentures, and more comfortable, since there is nothing to remove or slip when eating or talking. They certainly can improve a person’s appearance, smile, and self-esteem … no one will ever know the difference between your natural teeth and dental implants. Because they won’t slip or, worse, come out unexpectedly, they don’t affect speech or eating. In fact, when dentures are replaced with implants, a person’s nutritional opportunities improve dramatically because there won’t be any foods he cannot eat because of his teeth.
So, even though there is a high cost to dental implants, there also can be a tremendously high value.
A dental implant is a small “anchor” made of titanium. It is inserted into the jawbone to take the place of your missing tooth root. After Osseointegration, or when the surrounding bone has attached to the implant, a replacement tooth is secured to the top of the implant. The new tooth looks, feels, and performs just like your natural teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implant
- More healthy and beautiful:. Dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- As an alternative to bridgework, dental implants eliminate the need to grind down neighbouring healthy teeth
- More comfortable: Because dental implants are securely anchored, there is no slipping or movement
- Prevents bone collapse, providing better long-term cosmetic appearance
- Restores natural biting and chewing capacity
- Looks, feels, functions like natural tooth and does not decay
- More confident: With dental implants, you will never need to cover your mouth when laughing, smiling, or speaking. You can eat your favourite foods without pain or fear of embarrassment – and taste every bite. You will look better, feel better, and live more confidently.
Since dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, they naturally enhance your appearance. More importantly, the securely attached implant gives you the confidence of eating what you like, speaking easily and clearly, and freedom from embarrassment. And, by following a regular routine of careful oral hygiene and regular checkups, your implants can last for many years.
What are the consequences of missing teeth? Why replace the missing teeth?
In our country because of less attention to oral health, Dental caries & Gum problems(pyorrhoea), are most common reason to remove natural teeth which result in following self-invited consequences –
- Bone loss in the area of missing teeth
- Imbalance in biting & compromised chewing efficiency
- Migration of opposing & adjacent tooth leading to obliterate space.
- Pain in jaw joints & development of joint disorders.
- Gum health deterioration.
- Frequent food lodgement in between teeth leads to dental caries.
- Cheeks sink or wrinkle on face(aged look).
- Systemic problem like indigestion,constipation, gas,acidity, weight loss, disturbed sleep, etc.
And above all are the consequences of premature loss of teeth. To prevent all these mentioned effects, early replacement of missing tooth is mandatory.
When is an implant not a suitable treatment?
Implants are not suitable for patients with untreated periodontitis or uncontrolled diabetes, poor oral hygiene because of the risk of failure through infection or poor healing.
Certain medical conditions should be take care before implants placement, include blood clotting disorders, bone diseases, deficiencies in the immune system, severe systemic illnesses and drug abuse. Smoking is also an important consideration, because smokers heal less efficiently than non-smokers and are more likely to experience loosening of their implants. Quitting smoking will significantly increase your chances of successful implant therapy.
Do implants ever go wrong?
Any surgical procedure can go wrong. In the unlikely event that an implant fails, we offer the choice of a full refund, or to replace the implant completely free of charge. We have usually found that patients wish to try again and that a second failure is exceptionally rare.
Can you describe the Dental Implant Procedure?
A standard single dental implant to replace tooth is complete painless procedure. The procedure is done usually under local anaesthesia (numbing the area where the implant is to be placed) and is a relatively comfortable procedure. Some minor vibration is generally experienced during preparation of the implant (bone) site,. Since there are no open wounds following implant surgery and it is minimally invasive, there is little post-operative discomfort.
A single implant usually needs to be left for a period of two to four months to fuse to the bone before a crown can be attached. The healing time depends upon the bone density at the site of the lost tooth; the more dense the bone, the quicker the integration. Following successful integration, we will make a crown to fit on the implant.
I was told that dental implants cant placed because there is not enough bone, still any possibility
There are many procedures that can improve bone volume with various bone grafting procedure but in that case, time frame will be more alternatively we have revolutionary basal implant system that works in less amount of bone and best part is you will get your teeth within 5 days..
yes in 5days
When should you consider a dental implant?
- when your natural teeth is missing or removed previously
- you don’t want your natural teeth cut down which is required in making your conventional dental bridge for the replacement of missing teeth.
- when You want superior aesthetic results with your tooth replacement
- when You cannot wear your denture or loos fitting or cant chew well with your denture
- when You want the most effective way of restoring your chewing function
- when You cannot tolerate a denture in your mouth
- when You have lost your back teeth making it impossible to construct a conventional dental bridge
- when You do not want to damage your remaining teeth from wearing a partial denture
Why implants are the treatment of choice over dental bridges?
Advantages of Implants over Bridges:
- Does not affect adjacent teeth
- Does not decay
- Aesthetic, functional, reliable, predictable approach
- Less likely to develop gum disease & maintains the bone level
- Best to replace single missing tooth & long span edentulous areas
- Best to support ill-fitting dentures
- Better chewing efficiency
what is post treatment maintenance?
As you know, your own teeth require regular brushing &dental visits. Dental implants are like your own teeth and will require the same care.
If tooth cleaning is poor, bacteria will build up on the implant surface and cause inflammation surrounding the implant
If left untreated, this can progress to a more dangerous condition called Peri-implantitis, in which there is inflammation and bone loss around the implant. Eventually, the implant become loses and fail
In order to keep your implant stay longer ,regular proper brushing is absolute mandatory ! After treatment, scheduled regular visits will be require to monitor your implant, teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.
Have you offered any replacement warranty on implant being placed?
Yes, we offer 5 years warranty on dental implant. Warranty means that if implant fails it will replaced free of cost. This does not include surgical charge of treatment.
Am I a candidate for Dental Implants?
That’s not something you can determine for yourself. You’ll need to have a complete exam so that we can see how much bone volume and density you have in the area of the missing tooth, since a certain amount of bone is needed to support an implant. But even if your bone is deficient, simple bone regeneration techniques that have been used successfully for years can usually improve the health of your tooth-supporting bone enough to make you a candidate for implants.
What are the Success Rates of Dental Implants?
Dental implants traditionally have a very high success rate. Documented research and clinical studies indicate success rates of over 95% — the highest of any tooth-replacement option. Even in areas of low bone density, success is quite common. Once integrated and functional, implant restorations can last a long-time.
How long should I wait after removing a tooth to have a dental implant placed?
The waiting time is really patient specific and even tooth area specific in a patient. In general usually 3-5 month depending on healing time. Implants can be placed even at the time of tooth removal .in cases that require grafting this waiting time can be anywhere from 6months to over a year. If a tooth is removed and there is an infection this will also complicate the situation. So the short answer is anywhere from, no waiting time to a year. depending on your oral condition.